Monday, September 13, 2010

Another day at home stay.


So, yesterday's home stay turned out to be ALOT better than my weekend had been. I left my house at about 7:30 with host mom so that she could show me the way. I then spent the day at school and left at around 6:30 to go back. Thankfully there are a few people who live out my way, so I only had to walk about 7-10 minutes of my 20ish minute walk alone.

As soon as I walked in the door my host mom already had my bathing water. So, I took my bucket and cup shower and then it was tea time. They gave me two pieces of bread and a roll! I am gaining so much weight here... I then sat in the living room for around 45 minutes and my host dad talked to me. He does not speak alot of english and I am not sure if he understood everything I said, but he was so sweet and it made me so happy.

I then went to my room for about an hour to do my reading for a class and then at 9 we had dinner. Which was Irish potatoes (normal potatoes-they call them Irish cause the potatoes they generally eat are sweet potatoes) and casava. Unfortunately, it was not the good casava, but thats ok. Then we had g-nut sauce with it. I loved the potatoes.

After we ate they told me I was free to go to bed. So I got my toothbrush and went outside to brush my teeth. It's actually pretty cool cause I can look at the moon and stars and it is so so pretty.

I went to bed about 10, but they sang and prayed I think for awhile. I awoke at four as the radio of course had to be turned on. It is on all the time. And it is a mix of static and preaching, news, and music, I think. I then slept off and on till about 6:45, when my host mom informed me that my bath water was ready. I really only take a half shower in the morning, cause all I have done since my last is sleep. Then I had my breakfast, three slices of bread and tea and was done by 7:15, and there was nothing going on and everyone was busy so I decided to head out. I got to school around 7:35 and soon I am going to head to tea and then class.

Today is my first 'real' day at my practicum site. I should better learn what I will be doing. I am excited.

3 comments:

  1. I'd shower anytime they gave me water. But that's just me. I do that here in America. I'd be showering every five minutes.

    And I bet you're gaining "so much weight" what do you weigh now, 30 pounds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... sounds exciting... glad things were a little better this time... hopefully it will continue to improve. Brushing your teeth with the stars... sounds like a country song.

    Love you,
    -papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering how the comments from a previous bloggy blog showed up on this one. I was like, I know I haven't read this one before. Have fun working 10 hours. That's nuts, but I guess you don't have much else to do.. Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete