Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The past few days.

(The ending of Lit class.... Love these people)

(Marathon)

(Mmmmm fried grasshoppers....)

As time is wrapping up so are the things going on. This past week has been the ending of classes and finals. I thankfully have no finals which is really nice.

It is grasshopper season right now and they are everywhere. They are in the shower, the toilet, the sink, our room, literally everywhere, but I am getting used to them. I also ate some which is the picture above. They mostly taste like salt and oil with a really bad aftertaste!

This past weekend we went to the marathon in Kampala. Not to run in but to watch. One of our leader people, Jones, was running it, and we got to see him which was really cool. He told people later that we helped him finish running it!

That is basically all that was going on. This week is mostly hanging out and doing stuff together before we leave.

I cannot believe that a week from today I will be in the United States. It is so unbelievable to me that my time here is over. It feels like time has flown by and I should be here much much longer. It is going to be so weird to leave...

5 comments:

  1. yes, it is a week! And it's exciting. If you ever get the chance to go back though, you know I'll help, however I can! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are awesome dave :) just in case you forgot! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmm!
    Looks like Shrimp!
    -papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have had an amazing time Rachel! I am so proud of you for following God's leading and for continuing to allow yourself to be developed into quite a lovely young lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much. it has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life!

    ReplyDelete