Friday, October 1, 2010

This week.


As time has gone on life has begun to basically fall more into a routine - mostly. My days consist of class and practicum.

Both of these are going pretty well. Classes are very different than what I am used to but that is always a learning experience.

Practicum honestly wears me out but I have gotten almost a 3rd of my hours, and tomorrow I am going to my site all day. There is a blind children's event in Kampala so I am going with them to the event. It should be lots of fun.

This week at my practicum I taught the kids a song that I had learned in daycare this summer. Then I worked in the sick bay for awhile. I worked a long time in the kitchen, cutting up food, serving food, picking and cutting up more food, picking through beans... Then I looked through some more profiles. It was a pretty good week!

This week has been busy, and I am tired, but I am loving Africa. This weekend I am going to the blind children's event and then to Kampala on Sunday. I got a new untreated mosquito net, so now that I do not have pesticides hanging in my face (I am allergic...) all night long, my allergy are much better. Not all gone, but so much better, and my eyes are not swollen anymore either!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! No more puffey eyes! :) Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I love your blog..... Mrs. Carol from New Beginnings Covenant church gave me your blog address. I love reading about it!! :)
    Praying for "y'all"!
    Blessings,
    Kaitlyn

    http://grammargirlblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete