Sunday, October 3, 2010

Beautiful Children.


(The whole group that went)

So, on Saturday, I spent the day at my practicum. There was a special event going on in Kampala for three of the blind schools in Uganda. We got to CHAIN at about 8 am, and then headed to Kampala around 12. We got there at one, but most events had not yet begun.

There were performances from all three schools, and my kids did so good. I am so very proud of them. I love being able to see the way that they go about life, and succeed so much, despite their disability. Also to see the way that the kids who can see help the blind children. There is no discrimination between them and it is such a beautiful thing.

(Singing time)

There were several speakers, several who were blind, and then a British women. It was interesting. Then there was an 'auction' which is too weird to even describe, but they do NOT know what an auction is here.

That is really about the extent of the day. I was with my kids for about 11 hours, and dead tired by the end, but it was a great day to spend with them. My practicum is not the easiest, especially with the 'no social work' work that entails. However, days like that when I get to see my kids do so well in something, and be so happy... It is all worth it.

(My beautiful Bata, If only I could take her home with me....)

1 comment:

  1. :) I can't really think of anything inspired to say.. so :)

    ReplyDelete