Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halftime.


So apparently today marks the halfway point of me being in Uganda. This could be wrong, but it is close enough. Today also means that I only have 57 days left.

This week has been stressful and crazy and there have been a lot of moments where I just wanted to go home. Between trying to schedule classes for school next semester and it being pretty unsuccessful, along with dealing with the thought of rural home stays coming up quite quickly has just been alot at once. I am ready for home stays to be over, and then things will get alot less stressful.

Friday I leave for 10 days. We drive up to Soroti and stay the night with one of our staff members family, and then we all get taken to a home stay. Truth be told I am not overly thrilled with this whole ordeal. I am not a person who loves doing things like this alone, which we were basically told the chances of getting paired were beyond unlikely.

I think it will be a great experience. We will live with this family for a week without leaving. We were told that we would basically be exhausted by the end from working in the garden and other such things. It should be interesting.

We go from Saturday to Friday, and then we go to Sepia Falls for the weekend which should be super fun.

I chopped my hair off last night, and two other girls shaved their head, it was crazy but super amusing. That is about all the excitement so far. I am going to my practicum today and tomorrow, and then Thursday we have a field trip for my African Traditional Religions class to a mosque, then friday we head out!

1 comment:

  1. I am not overly thrilled about this either... what kind of craziness is this? If you come back dead....

    ReplyDelete