Friday, August 27, 2010

Rwanda tomorrow!

(African Storm Clouds)

(Breakfast)


Tomorrow all of us USP students head out to Rwanda until the following Sunday. We have a 15 hour drive and are leaving at 5 am... Hurrah. We are going to learn all about the history of the genocide, the war there. I will therefore not be online until then.

Today was pretty basic, we had more orientation and then Rwanda orientation. We walked back to Mukono, and I mailed a letter and bought another pair of earrings.

We had plantains and peas and then for dinner rice and meat sauce, with only one piece of meat! Breakfast is always the same and consists of what you see above - a boiled egg, donut thing, and milk tea or black tea. Both teas are SUPER sweet (Mommy you would love it) and the milk tea has alot of milk, I have mixed feelings about it... Apparently some days are better than others.

We are currently still at the end of the rainy season but it should be over in about a month. At which time we will not have this odd drizzling in the middle of the day. Also, we are hoping that mango season begins soon, cause right now we do not have a lot of fresh fruit but it should all be coming in soon.

Well that is about all for now, I am sure I will have a HUGE post come the end of Rwanda!
I miss you all back home!

2 comments:

  1. My comment for the day.. I would not eat for 4 months if I were there. Haha. I barely eat the dorm food here.. Anyway... have fun in Rawanda! Talk to you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!
    um-um-good!
    Wish I were there too!
    -papa

    ReplyDelete