Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day..... Something


Africa is amazing thus far. I still cannot believe that I am here some moments. I literally woke up this morning and thought I was at Valley Forge. I sat there a minute until it hit me OH I'm in Uganda.. I am in Africa.

Yesterday for dinner we had rice and beans. I thought I would hate it, but here you really just eat to eat, not necessarily to enjoy it, and believe me by meal time, you are hungry enough to eat it. It has not been bad, just not what I am used to, and we were already talking today about what we will eat when we get home.

Today we spent two hours learning some Uganda greetings in their language. It was fun, but their language is actually quite difficult. The main language is English, but there are many other languages as well. There is a class you can take, but with my 150 hour practicum, I do not believe I can or even should pick up another class.

Today after lunch we are going to re-register for classes which begin the monday after Rwanda, and then we are going to have a scavenger hunt around Mukono. We live in Mukono but we are also near Kampala (the capital) and we are about two hours from Entebbe (the airport).

I will write all about Mukono when we get back I am very excited to go see the city.


3 comments:

  1. Glad you are having fun. It looks beautiful there. Waht is that place in the distance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckkkky.. haha.. this is all so crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is fun. Um which picture chip? the top one is just a path on campus and the front is well the front of campus haha. the second is mukono from campus.

    ReplyDelete